FEP encapsulated silicone seal
An Encapsulated 'O'-Ring is an 'O'-Ring bound by a seamless and uniform FEP/PFA encapsulation, which encloses an elastomeric core, completely protecting it from the media. They combine the energising properties of an elastomeric 'O'-Ring with the resilience to extreme temperatures and hostile chemicals of FEP/PFA.
Benefits of Encapsulated Seals
- Exceptional resistance to aggressive chemicals and gas permeability
- Cost efficient alternative to Kalrez® and similar perfluoroelastomer 'O'-Rings
- Low coefficient of friction allowing reduced wear of equipment
- Adaptive sealing force of an elastomeric 'O'-Ring
- Resistant to compression set/cold flow issues of solid 'O'-Rings